Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cake is Great!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

This past weekend, I got to go crazy with girly-ness for Kayla's birthday.  The colors were inspired by the "Hannah Montana" theme.  I had a lot of fun with the design- very festive!  I love the frilly boarder. As requested by the birthday girl, I created a pink and white "striped" cake- with layers of vanilla cake with strawberry cream cheese filling.  

Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling:
4 oz cream cheese
8 tablespoons butter, softened
2-3 tablespoons strawberry puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
about 2 cups powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.  Combine with remaining ingredients until thick, yet fluffy.






5 comments:

Jayne said...

That's beautiful! What a fun girlie cake!

The Kitchen Vixen said...

what an awesome cake! she must have been beyond thrilled;)

Melissa said...

What a cute cake! I love how you wrote her name across the stars. You never fail to inspire me with your cakes. In my Wilton class, they taught us how to make the same bottom border that you have. I attempted it but never practiced it so i didn't get it down. That recipe sounds like the bomb! I just love your blog!

Lou @ The Higher Nest said...

Okay, this cake: darling, darling, darling!

Sandie said...

I love the decoration on the cake, and it looks delish too!