Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Cuppies



It seems as though I am constantly looking for new excuses to bake these days.  What better reason to whip up a couple batches of cupcakes than the celebration of Easter?  I took the opportunity to test out some spring flavors on my friends and family.  Success!  Nothing says Easter like coconut cream, apricot 'n honey, strawberry, and a bit of sugar.  I hope my taste-testers had as much fun munching as I did decorating =) The hand-made flowers were crafted out of fondant and royal icing.


vanilla cake with apricot filling and honey buttercream


vanilla cake with strawberry filling and strawberry buttercream

vanilla cake with coconut cream cheese frosting and toasted coconut flakes

Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 lb. softened butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 tablespoon coconut extract
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
3- 4 cups confectioners sugar, mix until creamy.

2 comments:

sackings said...

Love the coconut cream. Also, the royal icing daffodils are so cute!

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

What pretty cupcakes - a lovely blog. I am sure I'm going to get some great fondant decorating ideas.