Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pug Pup Round-Up

A couple of Sundays ago, my brother and I hosted a pug meet-up for Dizzee and her friends.  Of course we needed snacks!  I turned my ripe bananas into delicious banana cupcakes with velvety vanilla bean cream cheese frosting.  I made the daffodils out of royal icing.  We also made treats for the pups too!






Banana Cake:
5 ripe bananas
1 cup butter
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking soda

In a standing mixer, combine softened butter and sugar until smooth.  And eggs, one at a time.  Beat in sour cream and vanilla, making sure to scrape the sides of your mixing bowl in between.  Add sifted flour and baking soda.  Scrape sides.  Fold in mashed ripened bananas until incorporated.

Bake at 350 degrees F.  20-25 minutes for cupcakes. 


No comments: