Sunday, April 20, 2008

Chocolate Cuppies.



Chocolate Cuppies- 3 ways:  Fudge, Cherry, and Peanut Butter

For an order this past Thursday, I created a couple dozen chocolate cupcakes.  I wanted to make different varieties and decided on the trio of chocolate fudge, chocolate peanut butter, and chocolate cherry.  The simplicity of their decorations and flavors was a great success!  Even the guests thought they were fake cupcakes on display!  

I baked off one dozen of chocolate cupcakes and one dozen of chocolate-cherry cupcakes, both with mini chocolate chips inside.  The chocolate-cherry cakes contained about 1/4 cup diced Maraschino cherries per half-batch cake mix.  



Chocolate Cherry with Vanilla Bean Buttercream



Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Buttercream



Peanut Butter Buttercream:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 cup peanut butter, creamy
  
Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting


The flowers were hand-made out of vanilla fondant.

The results:
I am still excited about peanut butter buttercream.  It was the creamiest and most delicious treat I have created in awhile.  I also loved the sparkle of the sanding sugar on my cherry cuppies.  Who knew such simplicity was so cute?!  I still can't believe the guests thought they were fake!









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These rival any commercial cupcakes I have seen recently. My daughter bought some at Sprinkles bakery in CA (very pricey) and these are so much prettier. Lovely to look at and I'm sure delightful to eat.

Melissa said...

I saw these cups at Michaels yesterday but can you really bake cupcakes in them? They were in the candy making/cake decorating aisle and the directions said: grese around the cups
put candy or peanuts in cups

I love how they look. Very classy. You don't see cupcakes in cups like these very often. I love it!

Anonymous said...

it's beautiful . I discover your blog and it sounds so great !